Prevent Birds from Colliding into Your Windows
According to a 2014 study, about 1 billion birds die from flying into windows each year.
Why do birds fly into windows in the first place?
During the day generally birds will see a reflection of the sky or foliage. At night will often fly into a window because they see the light inside and unable to notice the window.
What can business and home owners do to reduce the probability of birds flying into their windows?
The American Bird Conservancy offers a list of these DIY products to deter your windows from bird collisions.
- ABC BirdTape – estimated cost $3 per 24″x 32″ window. Easy to install & long-lasting.
- Acorpian BirdSavers – estimated cost $2 per 24″ x 32″ window. Easy to install & long-lasting.
- Evonik Soundstop Birdguard – estimated cost $10 per 24″ x 32″ window.
- Feather Friendly DIY – estimated cost $10 per 24″ x 32″ window.
- Solyx Bird-Safety Film – estimated cost $31 per 24″ x 32″ window.
- White Collidescape – estimated cost $36 per 24″ x 32″ window.